For more recipes and healthy living tips go to
Nutty Baked Apple Crumble
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup apple juice or cider
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, divided
- 4 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350◦.
- Pulse walnuts and pecans in food processor until ground.
- Add oat flour, agave nectar, vanilla extract, apple juice, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ½ teaspoon nutmeg and pulse until combined.
- Press nut crust into oiled baking dish, setting aside ¼ cup mixture for nutty crumble topping.